Minister Laurinda Bias invites all participants to the 4th MMEC!
To read the full invitation letter please click here
“On behalf of the Government of Mozambique I would like to invite and welcome you to the 4th Mozambique Mining, Oil & Gas and Energy Conference and Exhibition (MMEC 2014).
Now on its 4th edition, this event has become a must attend for all stakeholders in Mozambique’s extractive industry. Building therefore on the success of the last edition, which attracted a record number of attendees, MMEC 2014 will continue to showcase and explore developments in our country’s thriving Mining and Energy industries focusing attention on the potential opportunities, lessons learned by key investors and the creation of new business partnerships.”
Select your sector: Three events in one!
The 4th MMEC will feature a two day conference with three concurrent streams, allowing you to select the sessions to meet your needs and interests. Click the buttons above to explore the content of each stream.
The sessions will consist of a mixture of presentations and roundtable discussions with industry experts discussing issues ranging from legal frameworks and gas developments to mining activities and financing, with frequent opportunities for audience contributions. The three streams will converge at strategic points in the programme, enabling participants to work together to develop solutions to their mutual needs, notably in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Session Titles to Include:
· Policy and Partnerships to develop the Power Sector: Incentives for new energy investors and risk management
· Insights into the evolution of the legal framework regulating Mozambique’s gas industry
· Adding value to Mozambique’s minerals: success stories and lessons learned from other developing countries
· Strengthening local content through collaboration
· Regional interconnection: connecting national and regional electricity markets
The fourth edition of the Mozambique Mining, Oil & Gas and Energy Conference and Exhibition (MMEC) will take place on the 27-28 March 2014 in Maputo, Republic of Mozambique at the Joaquim Chissano Conference Center.
Organized by ENH, National Company of Hydrocarbons, and AGMM, Mozambique’s Mining Geological Association, in association with AME Trade Ltd, the MMEC is the premier established event focusing on the Mozambique Mining, Energy, Oil & Gas sectors and their sustainable development. The main theme of the 4th MMEC is “Ensuring long lasting benefits to the nation through sustainable management of Mozambique´s resources.”
Why attend MMEC 2014?
- Established event! This is the longest running event covering Mozambique’s Mining, Oil&Gas and Power Generation sectors, now on its fourth edition the MMEC counts with the support at the highest levels of public and private sector. Click here for information regarding the previous editions.
- Knowledge! MMEC’s two day Conference will feature 8 sessions and 4 workshops, with experts of the industry discussing issues ranging from Legal Framework to Gas developments to Mining activities and Financing. Whether your a veteran or a newcomer to Mozambique, you will benefit from the experience shared by our expert panels. Click here to see the provisional program.
- Networking! With networking lunches, coffee breaks and evening functions, the MMEC creates an environment conducive to business development unique to Mozambique. The last edition of the conference was attended by over 700 participants from 41 countries, including policy makers, investors, experts, development partners and other key stakeholders in Mozambique’s Mining, Oil&Gas and Power Generation sectors.
- Latest technologies and products! MMEC hosts one of the largest trade exhibitions in Mozambique and certainly the largest for the Mining, Oil&Gas and Power Generation sectors, our exhibitors come from all over the world to showcase the latest technology and products available on the market. Click here to see who is exhibiting.